Monday, July 12, 2010

Fed Up Of Moving On

Once upon a time, just a year back, I was in Kahalgaon which is a remote village in Bihar with profoundly pandemic penury all over. The first impression you might derive by dint of this is pretty obvious but the story is other way round. That bout of stay in Kahalgaon, that arcadian life, was the golden phase of my life.

You cannot ostracize but face the vicissitudes that your job puts you into and farcical are all your efforts and prudence to circumvent any such change as they are indelible in one’s life. Their incumbency only prodded me to abort that place for a transfer to a new place which was a city, in fact.

Big smoke may sound alluring but so far there have been no such gestures. This post commemorates the completion of one full year since I first put my steps in Kahalgaon (Bihar in fact) and contrasts the drastic differences that I find in initial three months of stay at both the places

Where the friends out there were supple in nature having innocuous tenets and simple outlook, here I find the guys with widespread propensity to lambaste any damn thing that is in disagreement with them. Their rapacious affinity to schadenfreude has stultified me from exulting or relishing though I managed to bag a few good friends. Friendship is more of a quest - to search for allies rather than some genuine true-to-life cohorts. This preposterous state of theirs has stymied my scruple from befriending them. Hence, within three months of stay at both the places, I find I had grooved well in there with veritable friends and the sublime stupendous ambience vis-a-vis the sordid atmosphere here. I don’t know, may be their formidable incredulous portrayal has flummoxed my mind inundated with hang over of the past.

Last itinerary to home just a few days back also put me spell bounded but had to move on once again. Hiding the pain of these frequent moves under the veneer of spurious exuberance has made me jaded of the beauty that surrounds me. I am not able to appreciate it anymore. Why don’t the good days just linger?

Anyways, my condition is such that even if some one offers me that pathetic plant as a quid pro quo to this India’s first super critical plant, I won’t give a second thought, in tandem to the trepidation of this nemesis of mine.

Truly said - There may be 8 billion people on this earth, but sometimes you need just one!!!

No comments: